Saturday, January 23, 2010

CARD BOX

Well I finally completed the card box last night! I'd say it came out pretty well but I'll let you be the judge of that. First, though, here are a few selections from Etsy to use for comparison.


This first one is the closest to what I had in mind. It was priced at $35.00. Not TOO bad but still a little much to pay for something that just sits on the gift table all night.




This next selection boasted of being covered in silk and hand beaded lace and rang in at...are you ready for this?...$150.00. I am not even kidding. $150.00. For a card box. One hundred and fifty dollars. I'm not even sure what to say about that one...
Last but not least, here is my version. The hat boxes were about $8.00 for both, the fabric was out of that same $6.99 yard I used for the ring pillow, the ribbon and edging around the opening came to about $5.00 all together, and the spray paint for the lids was free from the hardware store (it pays to have connections :). I was hoping to make a nice bow from the green ribbon for the top like the card box in the first picture, but learned last night that my bow-making skills are not up to par, but that's okay, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.





Stay tuned for my next DIY project: The Unity Candle

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

HOW CUTE!! Wow, ok crafty posts make me SOOOO jealous so stop ok! :)

Haha, I want to make some name letters soon for the nursery so I need to find a DIY tutorial about that!

Congrats on making something so beautiful, I think yours are better than the pictures :D