Friday, July 18, 2008

Fishy and Froggy

I've been planning for a while to set up a large aquarium and Monday I went out to Petsmart to price some of the equipment and on a whim, bought a betta fish. They were so pretty and I decided right then and there that I wanted one. Last night, I went back to buy a slightly larger aquarium (he was getting the water in the bowl dirty too fast) and on a whim, bought an African Dwarf Frog (can we say impulse buyer?). You can't keep other fish with bettas but you can keep these frogs. He's very tiny, about the size of the tip of my thumb. At first he just stayed glued to the back corner of the tank(as you can see in the picture) but as he got more comfortable he started swimming around some. If anyone has good suggestions for names please let me know. As of now they are called Fish and Frog.


2 comments:

littlemikemack said...

Just passing thru Andi....that is ONE skinny frog !!...good luck on your name search. No danger of him ending up ending up on a dinner plate....not that your would ever.....nevermind.

Charity said...

Once we had a little froog in our fish tank and we named him Prince. I always thought that was clever : ). There's always Kermit too.