Thursday, July 3, 2008

catch up blog- Canada October 2007

This is sort of a catch-up blog from my trip to Canada in October 2007. (It's also a chance to show off some of my favorite pictures that I took :) I went with my chorus for International Competition. A group of us went early and spent a week in Banff, Alberta, then spent the next week in Calgary, Alberta for competition. The Canadian Rockies are truly breathtaking! I highly recommend going if you ever get the chance.


The Bow River



Taken at Cascade Ponds




Elk eating on the side of the road




The Elk take over the golf course at about 6:00 p.m. every evening. Golf course grass must be extra yummy!



This was taken at Lake Minnewanka



This was taken at sunrise our last morning in Banff. The air current is blowing the snow off the slope of Cascade Mountain.





This is a shot of the Calgary Tower. When you get to the top, there is a glass floor that you can stand on and look down. My stomach did a few flip flops at first but then I was okay. We ate brunch at the revolving restaurant on our last morning in Calgary.


A view from the top of the tower.

No comments: