Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh no she di-in't!

Oh yes she did. That's right. She's goin' political.

My political activism has always been right at the "have my opinion and let other people have theirs" level. Apparently, not all people keep it at this level.

I'm going to come out and say it.....I'm....a......Republican! Gasp! I can't believe she actually admitted this! Wow, she's brave!

I know it's not the popular thing to be right now and I can almost hear the hisses that will follow me wherever I go.

I am a Republican. I do not, however, believe that Barack Obama is going to eat our children or that he is going to make copies of the keys to the white house and mail them to terrorist organizations. I do not believe that he harbors a secret love for all things communism and gets pointers from Castro and Kim Jong-il. For those of you that do believe this (particularly the man who was just in the hardware store rambling on for about 20 minutes trying his best to convince everyone withing earshot that this is in fact the case), please shut up and go away. You are giving the rest of us a bad name.

I am a Republican. I do not believe that the apocolypse will set upon us should Mr. Obama be elected. I do not feel the need to go out and stock up on assault rifles and canned food and shut myself in a bomb shelter for the duration of his term. (aforementioned nutjobs, please feel free to lock yourselves away, we'll be better off without you).

A quick note to the extreme left-wingers, please stop preaching that the apocolypse will set upon us should Mr. McCain be elected. You are just as annoying as the extreme right-wingers.

Thank you.

No comments: