Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Changes

I know I haven't posted in a long time, it just seemed for a while that nothing very noteworthy was happening. Well the month of November sure took care of that! Lots of changes came about and they seemed to come one right after another!
The first change was the addition of my beautiful new niece, Alexandra Grace.

She is so perfect and sweet and wonderful! I was so lucky to spend the first week with her and just enjoy holding her and snuggling her and having her fall asleep in my arms. There is absolutely nothing better in the world than rocking a baby to sleep. I am looking forward to seeing her grow and learn but I hope she stays tiny and snuggly for just a little while longer.

The second big change happened while I was gone visiting Ali. My mom bought a new house! This one will be much better suited to her and her needs. It's a little bittersweet, since it means saying goodbye to my childhood home, and that Mom will have to say goodbye to the home that she and my dad spent 30 years building together, but overall it's a good change, and we'll get through the hard parts together and enjoy the good parts!

Finally, the biggest change is that Jeff and I are ENGAGED!! We went to lunch together the day before Thanksgiving and the topic sort of came up in conversation (okay okay, so I might have brought it up, ever so subtly...) and we ended up deciding that we were going to aim for September. So that set the planning into motion and the official date is now September 18th 2010! I can't wait! We have spent four years building our relationship and it's exciting to take it to the next level and commit our lives to each other.

So lots of changes in November. So far, December has proven to be a little calmer. I am enjoying this time of just being able to enjoy being engaged, because come January things will really kick into high gear. We will begin getting my mom's new house ready for her to move in, and begin getting the old one ready to sell, I'll begin looking for a wedding gown (yay!) and sorting out all of the details that will go into making our day.

Phew, that makes me tired just thinking about it! I'd better go take a nap in preparation..

2 comments:

Charity said...

I am really so happy for you!! Congratulations, again!

Andrea said...

Thanks! I really hope you guys will be able to be there!